Mesa

3 Comments
I'm starting to love this whole food blogging thing and here's my second official entry with the two "highly recommended" experts when in comes to food tasting and blogging. Do you have any guesses already? :P Before this semester starts, Bonchie and I went to Manila for our summer gala "daw". We were suppose to go to National Museum of Natural History but it turned out to be a day of mall hopping, shopping and food trips! Hindi na natuloy ang National Museum ko :( Samahan nyo 'ko! Going back to the story, the first thing that we did when we arrived in Manila is to EAT! :) We were in Mandaluyong during that time so I thought of calling Paulo to join us. The three of us were hungry during that time and would want to eat a lot but the problem is we only have a tight budget to spend to fill and satisfy our stomachs. (Do you think it's even possible in restaurants???). Lo and behold my Booky app saved the day! I learned this app from another blogger and was so eager to try it if it really works. We searched for a restaurant that covers the booky app and we ended up choosing "Mesa".
Mesa is a fine dining restaurant which showcases a lot of Filipino and Asian dishes. It's more of giving an authentic Filipino flavor with a little modern twist in the presentation. I was surprised to be served with a reclining glass of water. What a cute concept! Their branch in Robinsons Galleria has a good ambience (although there's a little problem with the leaking water from the aircon) and a family style presentation. A lot of people were actually eating during that day but the good thing is that we were reserved using my Booky app :)
Baked Scallops in Garlic Butter (Php 240)- Baked scallops are my personal favorite! Every time we're going to dine in restaurants, if it's not the fish fillet, baked scallops are always the first thing that I look for in the menu. Mesa's baked scallops didn't exceeded my expectations. I mean, it tasted good but it didn't reached my standard that will make me come back for it. I think it's because I prefer cheesy baked scallops than the garlic butter compound that they have. But still, if you love scallops like I do, maybe you should give this one a try when you dine in the restaurant. 12 scallops for Php 240 is not bad at all. :)
Grilled Liempo Mesa Way (Php 230)- This was Paulo's order. He always orders Liempo every time we eat in restaurants and I knew that even before he saw the menu his order would be the restaurant's liempo. HAHA! :P Mesa's grilled liempo tasted good. The waiter said that the serving is good for 2-3 persons but it looked like it's just for one to the point that Paulo can finish it in one seating. Haha :(
Pork Sisig Rice (Php195)- This is Paulo's choice again. I told him that we should've not bought a sisig rice and instead just a plain rice because there's already a grilled liempo which is another pork in our order. But of course, the two big guys insisted to order and so I lose. :( Aside from the sisig rice which was really tasty that even if there's no main course can suffice our hunger already, we still ordered 3 plated plain rice because we wanted to have our second round. Haha! 
Kare-Kare Crispy Short Ribs (Php 380)- This is Von's choice. This was actually our favorite among all the foods that we ordered. The peanut sauce is really tasty. Masarap sya! I recommend you to try this if you happen to dine in the place. Value for money rating is 5/5! Haha! Feel na feel na ang pagiging food blogger but if you're going to ask the two guys who I'm with, I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing. :)
The restaurant doesn't have any service charge that's why there's no hidden charges during the bill out. Our original bill was Php 1,180 but because we have the Booky app, we only got to pay Php 590 (50% discount!!!) for all the foods that we ate! :) I'm not really promoting this app but if you want to eat more without spending too much I recommend you to download Booky app on your phones! :)


xoxo,




You may also like

3 comments:

  1. Wow you got an amazing discount through the app! Totally worth it. The food seems lovely, I've never seen anything like that in restaurants in Europe to be honest. I'd love to try it out, especially the rice!

    Julia x
    Last Post: How To Focus in a Digital World | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/lifestyle-how-to-focus-and-concentrate.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete