Musings of a Dentistry Student

13 Comments
My life has been crazier and unpredictable lately. The first month of 2017 has already been a roller coaster ride for me especially in school. The moment I wake up every single morning I always have these thoughts if I'm going to finish and accomplish something. It's hard to be a Dentistry student. I tell you. I don't only think of my acads, I also think of more complicated practical works. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are my busiest days in school where I'm literally drained and tired after one whole day. There were times when I question myself why did I even entered this course. Before I entered college I was a grade conscious student. I don't cram and I'm not used in having low or even failing grades because I have that goal of being on the list of with honors during graduation. When I entered college I still have the same goal- to have my name on the dean's list. I achieved it for 2 years-3 semesters but when I reached my first year in dental proper everything had changed. It's not the pressure of not being on that list anymore that drove me insane but the pressure of surviving Dentistry. I was culture shocked with how everything went. It's far from what I had expected. I cried a couple of times during the first semester of first year proper because I don't know how to carve a tooth in Oral Anatomy nor draw simple body organs in Gen Ana. I didn't even passed any major exam in Histology nor made a good impression in Dent Mat. It may sound funny but all of it were true! The problem was all on me. I'm not used to what I'm doing and I'm not enjoying it. During those times when I felt empty I question myself if this course was really for me. I don't even excel here anymore unlike the pre-dental years. I was even more afraid every time I see the higher years complaining and crying because I know that I will be in their position too. This semester- 2nd year, 2nd sem- has been so far the craziest and most tiring semester I'm dealing with in my 8 semesters in dentistry. You don't only have to be physically, mentally and financially capable but you have to be emotionally strong too. Lectures and laboratories in a subject of 4 can literally eat you up! It's no joke looking for willing patients, doing resto, RPD and CD procedures in a whole week, taking exams that you studied in the book but never appeared on questionnaires topped with that wire bending thing in Ortho. What more next sem?! It's even crazier to think that I have to sacrifice and take risks just to get incentives. The struggle is real!
I have passed 3 semesters in proper now and I'm down to the fourth one. So far I realized that Dentistry isn't bad at all. It's actually an honor to be part of this family because not everyone is capable and brave enough to enter this. It already gave me so many reasons to give up yet I am still here trying to survive and striving to be one of the most successful dentist in the making. All my failures made me realize to embrace and love more what I am doing. I know that my experiences as a dental student isn't even half of the experiences of the clinicians but I'm pretty sure that with hard work and a good company, I'm going to survive this 6-year course and graduate in God's perfect time. I came to realize that I was put in this situation because God knows that I am capable of it. I learned to just go with the flow and enjoy whatever I am doing. It's really hard and demanding but I'm sure it's going to be worth it in the end! 
Outfit. Pants from Shein, Bag from Zaful, Heels from Rosegal & nude matte lipstick from Bornpretty

PS. To those who are planning to enter College of Dentistry, this post is not to let you down and instead a motivation to uplift you in fulfilling your dream of becoming a dentist. Good Luck and congrats in advance! 

xoxo,



You may also like

13 comments:

  1. Love how this jeans look on you :)
    xx

    Eli

    www.acurlystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look hun! Love your sunglasses!
    xo
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The struggle is real. Hard work prepares us for life so keep taking it one day at a time. Good job on your achievements so far and good luck for whats ahead.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ganda mo Shai! goodluck sa college makakatapos din tayo :)

    Capturing Life Memoirs | aimeebustillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're gorgeous!! Kayang kaya mo yan! Ga-graduate ka dear! hehe :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll survive it. I have a dentist friend and if she can do it, so can you.
    Just remember your dreams always whenever there's a struggle. Our desires are more powerful than our skills I think. :)

    Good luck! And you look fabulous in this casuals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I can definitely imagine being a dentistry student can be tough but so very rewarding! Also beautiful outfit!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit is so simple yet so stylish.I really love your top especially because of the back side.You look so amazing.
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Love your outfit
    Xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, you look amazing in that outfit. Casual yet gorgeous, still. And second, I wish you all the best in school. True that God gave you that path because He has great plans for you and He knows you can make it through. We all walk different paths and we've had struggles of our own that we would need to overcome to be able to stand where we are right now or to where we should be. Life after school will even be tougher; but as long as you continue being passionate with what you're doing, you will always make through whatever obstacle life throws into you. Cheers to graduating in God's perfect time, indeed! :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it has been so tough for you! But I like your advice at the end, very motivational that you know it's only a temporary thing and it will be worth it in the end when you graduate.

    Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good read! <3

    http://www.kyroandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look! You look great! :)
    http://hairandvibes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete