The Story behind my "Shai Bakes"

3 Comments
Hello everyone!!! I have been MIA during the past few months because I opened up a home based business that's keeping me busy every single day since the day we started. I have a long story to tell and a lot to share and I'm happy that I finally have the time to do it now.
With all the things that's happening now I have so many what ifs in my mind. I think a lot. I'm thinking if for how long am I still gonna wait for this pandemic to end and start my life as a working and earning woman who's slowly building and investing on her dreams. This waiting game brought out the best in me. For some reason, I feel like I'm already old enough to be still dependent to my single mom who earns and provides for the family. I'm already a college graduate, a degree holder of Doctor of Dental Medicine, but still has no license because of the cancellation of the board exam last May and on December. I have my whole life this 2020 figured already. I started reviewing for boards since last January 2020. I was thinking that after I passed the boards, I will work with my tita as an associate dentist and will still be a part time blogger. Years after I become an established dentist, I want to learn baking and start a pastry shop business beside my dental clinic. It makes me happy whenever I think how my life would have been if this pandemic didn't happen. But things went upside down- waiting became longer and dreams went on hold. 
During early June, I decided to try baking again like it was my first time. I tried baking 2 years ago, but everything was a fail. I don't know why the pastries that I tried to bake didn't came up with how it's supposed to look. I tried a few times and repeat it again but still, it failed. Fast forward to 2020 when this pandemic happened and all I was left were notes in preparation for boards, I decided to try baking again as an outlet whenever I feel like I cannot absorb the lectures anymore.  I don't have any baking instruments to be honest. I borrowed my lola's oven toaster (the one in the picture above), my tita's extra measuring cups and bought a few basic ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder.. and started baking. I don't know if it's just me but I'm grateful from where I started. I know a lot wouldn't believe but this oven toaster will forever hold a special place in my heart. It is where Shai Bakes started. It is what I used for the first month where I baked 1,700 + cookies in the first two weeks. I wake up really early because it can only accommodate 6 cookies at a time and we have set our delivery hours during lunch time. Imagine the panic and stress it brought me hahaha! Starting a business means risking the only amount that you have and working hard to make that very small start up into something bigger. I started with a budget of Php 2,000 and didn't expected for it to grow. Being in a business also means being open minded to all the possibilities that can happen. Businesses doesn't become successful overnight. It takes months to years and it requires a lot of guts and hard work. 
For the first 3 weeks of Shai Bakes, I can only bake classic chocolate chip cookies. I'm not ashamed of that because it's the OG cookies where Shai Bakes is now known for. I also don't know if people only say it's delicious because most of my first customers are my friends or they just loved how it tastes like. Repeat orders and repeat customers made me believe that my products are worth coming back for. From classic chocolate chip cookies, I decided to add red velvet, double chocolate and s'more cookies. 
I was asked once if I could bake something that's healthier and I came up with lemon crinkles and lemon bars. I only have few customers for these 2 products but I want to market it and suggest my customers to try it since I want these two to be appreciated and known in Batangas. Lemon bars are my personal favorite in my menu. It's for you to find out why! :)
I have decided to put cinnamon rolls too on my menu and it surprisingly became an instant crowd favorite! 
My blueberry minis started my cheesecake series! It's crazy how my cheesecakes became in demand since September started and I receive orders of it almost everyday. 
My first cake was also a blueberry cheesecake which I made as a request from a friend. It's funny to think how everything went so fast. From opening on July 5th with only classic chocolate chip cookies on my menu, to baking a cake in less than 2 months, and now receiving orders everyday (I only have certain delivery days before like twice a week.) 
Then came strawberry cheesecake...
And now with added mango and oreo flavors. There are still a lot to come and I'm excited to share it with you soon! 

Shai Bakes is one of the best thing that happened to me this year. I may not be able to follow my planned timeline but God redirected me to something unexpected that's now a big part of my life. I'm 3 months baking now and I already have my own baking equipment given by Pau. He never failed to send me a helping hand and show his support even if he's not physically by myside all the time. I also wouldn't be able to achieve all of these without my mom and brother's all out support. They were my backbone and crying shoulder when I feel down and tired. Shai Bakes wouldn't be standing for 3 months without my strong support system and I couldn't be more thankful for their presence. My customers and their orders are my happiness now. Their satisfaction is my satisfaction too. 
I really hope this little business of mine would reach more people especially this coming holidays. I'd love to see more satisfied and happy customers with my baked goods! 
There's one last thing I want to say, that is to never stop praying and wishing for your dreams to come true. Start small, work hard, and slowly, it will be given to you. Be proud of yourself for what you have achieved.
Advance Happy Holidays! See you in my next posts :) 



xoxo,




You may also like

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Shaira☺️ You are blessed because you are a good person - a responsible and loving daughter and sister. Reach for your dreams, Shaira!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete