Home by the Sea

36 Comments
What a refreshing morning it is! Ahhh, I can still feel the sea breeze and the sound of the waves while writing this post back home. I feel so lucky to have spent the whole ECQ period in my grandparents' ancestral house in Pagkilatan Batangas. Everyday felt normal as if I was really in vacation for the whole month of May. Living the simplest life, eating the freshest catch, exploring unseen spots and basically just relaxing by the shore and watching the sunset are some of the things that I got to enjoy and are currently missing now.
Freshly picked buko from our farm to suffice our thirst on a sunny afternoon
Every morning we used to eat fresh fruits from our backyard during our stay while during the night our meals would always consist of fresh catch fishes and shells. Ang galing na mangilaw ng 2 kong kapatid! Haha
Went on a morning swim (and shoot haha!) in the famous Kay Butas. The last time I went there was around 5 years ago yet still nothing has changed. The experience was still challenging for me because of the large and pointed rocks that we passed through but it was all worth it when I saw the view from the cave. It was windy and sunny at the same time. Sobrang beach vibes lang! 
Stuffed our table with fresh fruits and some of Bihiya's best sellers for our Mother's Day boodle fight celebration. Celebrated Mom's Day with 5 moms in one roof!
Was delighted to see an ice cream vendor roaming around Pagkilatan so I decided to buy an ice cream that was perfect for the scorching hot weather! // Also, I am happy that my tita decided to bake and try the newest craze, Ube Cheese Pandesal. I've been craving for it for the longest time and I'm happy and satisfied with the outcome. 
Can't get over with this filter! Instant cat eyeliner! // Beautiful Sikar shell found at the beach. Actually may laman daw sya sa loob na nakakain but we cannot manage to pull off so we just decided to bring it as a decoration. 
Famous Kay Butas Cave
Even if barrio fiestas aren't celebrated at this time of pandemic we still decided to prepare and cook for a small home feast. It was also the birthday of my grandfather who was suppose to turn 85 this year.  
I spent my mornings appreciating and watching my lola's blooming garden. I just really hope that I'll also have a green thumb in the future. 
I can't help but adore the clear seawater of Pagkilatan. I can see the corals and underwater plants even without my eyeglasses with me. 
Went on a paddle boarding on a really hot afternoon. Wouldn't do it again! Hahaha Muntik na masunog ang balat ko. More pictures on this post
Milo Ice candy on a hot weather // I don't know what this flower is called but it certainly got my attention! Found it in my tito's backyard. 
Another home feast in celebration of my Ninang's birthday
I already learned how to direct a boat!! Hahaha. It was fun and thrilling especially when I see waves approaching. Looking forward to my next boat ride. // Beautiful sunset from the beach
One of my favorite shot. Everything looks so calm and serene. I really hope that everything will be back to how it's suppose to be. 

Keep safe and healthy!  :) 

xoxo,



You may also like

36 comments:

  1. Such a lovely place to call home- seriously paradise!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a beautiful place to quarantine. Are you sure you are not actually in heaven. And your photos are wonderful, the food shot looks like it could be in a magazine.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Your blog has very cool content <3
    I am following you and invite you to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so beautiful! That water is gorgeous.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty spot! It looks like you had quite the feast, too!

    http://bloomingsuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful way to spend the time in isolation! It's good you got to be with your family! Not seeing or hugging family is the hardest part of it all for me!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend! We had a (small due to restrictions) party for my son's birthday yesterday, it was really fun :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm lucky I'm with my extended family too during Quarantine. I hope you had a good one too! :)

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful place and so yummy food!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful place! It's amazing!

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so so jealous... it's such a privilege to have a house in this paradise.
    xx

    Eli

    www.curly-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm really hoping that we could have our own in this place too soon :)

      Delete
  10. Mmm, I think everybody would like to get away from civilization for a while :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing place! This truly looks like paradise a place to be and enjoy life.

    lots of love, Miri
    www.meetmiri.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. Looks so peaceful and I want that ice cream! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thought of it makes me want to go back!

      Delete
  13. Questo è un ottimo post, ho trovato e apprezzato questo contenuto. Mi piacerebbe di più, grazie per averlo condiviso.

    Wholesale Women's Loungewear Sets

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are awesome and yummmy

    booksmesongs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. In love with this amazing pictures! Awesome place, I wish to be there! :)
    Have a lovely week!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning picture and the food looks delicious! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been following your posts, and today’s choice is very interesting and unique.
    Tie Dye Loungewear Sets

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete