Day 3 in Taiwan: Northcoast Tour

6 Comments
Our third and last full day in Taiwan was spent in the Northern coast of Taipei. The weather in Taipei during that day was not that favorable as it was raining. It was also the coldest day among our three full days because aside from the fact that it rained, the temperature started to drop making it around 10-15 degrees in Taipei. We looked like walking minions during the whole tour because of the raincoats that we were wearing. Our last day could have been more fun if it wasn't raining but all in all we still enjoyed the scenic spots that we went to. :)
First Stop: UFO Village. I don't know where my pictures are!!! Maybe it's with my cousins but yes, we did went to that place. Our tour guide told us that soldiers once lived in that place who already abandoned it. I'll ask my pictures in that place. It might be in any of my cousins' phones.
Second Stop: Yehliu Geo Park. This is one of the attractions I look forward the most in our third day. A lot of people before we went to Taiwan told me that it's one of Taipei's most loved attraction and I should pay a visit to the place before I leave the country. Yehliu didn't disappoint my expectations! The place is really beautiful but we could have appreciated it more if (again) the weather cooperated. It was very windy (Ang lamig!!) and it was drizzling. You all know my family and you know that nothing can't stop us from exploring the whole place. Rain or shine we were able to enjoy Yehliu! :)  
Thank you Zaful for my super cute beanie! I don't usually wear one because I feel like I look extra cuter (chubbier) but because it's way too cold I have no choice but to wear my cutest purchase in Zaful. You can get it for only $10 USD.   
Third Stop: Shifen Lantern Street. I think this is the main highlight of our third day. We purposely went to this place to fly a sky lantern. Haha! Does it make justice to the long drive?? Definitely yes! We availed a 4 colored lantern for $200 (?) wherein we wrote our own wishes for this year! Do you know what I wished for??? Well, it'll just stay between me and Taiwan! Hahaha! I hope all those wishes will come true in God's perfect time! :)
Fourth Stop: Shifen Waterfalls. It took us some ups and downs and hikes to get to Shifen waterfalls. It was quite far from the parking area and the way through there was quite slippery since it's raining. We passed by a hanging bridge which I wasn't able to take a picture because the rain started pouring again and I was so focused walking on it because I'm afraid of crossing bridges!!! There were also different fruit stands on our way to Shifen and I've seen the biggest "atis" that I've seen in my whole life. Hahaha!  
Last Stop: Jiufen Old Street. Another iconic spot in Taiwan and is famous for all the street foods and souvenirs is Jiufen Old Street. It was super duper cold when we went here that I forced my brother to lend me his gloves because I left mine. Just a little story, you all know how I've always been prepared with all my outfits days (or even months) before we leave for Taiwan. I had all my outfits ready for each day so that I'll not take up too much time deciding which clothes to match during our stay. BUT, the "changes" person in me started to eat me up and decided last minute to leave my parka coat and gloves in the hotel because "I had a thought that it would be very hassle to wear such coat and wear such gloves in the middle of a hassle day." And yes, it's one thing I regret the most during our vacation. I was so ready but in the end I begged to have someone lend me their own gloves! Same as during the second day. I thought it wouldn't be cold during that day so I decided to leave my coat in our tour van because, yes, according to my weather app the temperature is manageable but boyyyy, it started to get cold during mid afternoon and I really regret I didn't bring my coat with me! I learned my lesson already- Wear whatever you prepare!!!
Taiwan is a haven for foodies like me and Mimi! We didn't wasted any single time eating whatever we find appealing. Seriously, I loved everything that I tried in Taiwan. From the Asian buffet in our hotel down to the little food stands in random streets, everything is just so yummy! There were a lot of free tastes too and dahil dun mabubuhay na talaga ako! Haha! I loved the foods more in Taiwan compared to when were in Hong Kong wherein I've been very picky what to eat because of some unexpected circumstances that happened to me and my mom (You all know what I mean!). I really want to go back!!! 
I felt really bad and sick when I was in Taoyuan airport and this parka was the only thing that I have to keep me warm and comfy. I'm really thankful I have this. I was able to sleep well and arrive in PH airport at my comfiest state. Thank you Shein for this! 

Taiwan, I will for sure be back and try more of your foods and go to more of your places!!! I'll be back for you Taichung and Kaohsiung!!! Who's up for another Taiwan Trip?! :)

xoxo,




You may also like

6 comments:

  1. The lantern tradition is so cute! Such a shame it rained during that part of the trip, but it still seems like you had a wonderful time - before the airport! Thank you for sharing!

    Julia x
    Last Post: Why I Fell Back in Love With Fashion Basics | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/01/fashion-why-i-fell-back-in-love-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to visit those places!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible country, so exotic and different to what I have gotten used seeing in Europe, beautiful!
    Happy Saturday!
    xo
    Anastasia
    https://www.natbees.com/a-little-afternoon-tea-gathering-with-maltesers/

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete