BORA, BORA, B.O.R.A.C.A.Y

100 Comments
Summer 2016 is the best summer I have so far- new opportunities have knocked, more experiences were added and made new friends with those who were just once strangers. One of the highlights of my summer 2016 is a visit to one of the Philippines' top tourist destination, Boracay. Boracay is a small island known for its white sand beaches, water activities and nightlife. I haven't been to Boracay before until my mom asked me to book us a trip to Boracay during the third week of May. I've been to a lot of beach trips since summer 2016 started but this quick getaway is definitely the best and one for the books! 
We left for Boracay on a Saturday night via 2GO. It was a one whole night travel from Batangas port to Caticlan Jetty Port. It rained the whole night and I wasn't able to sleep because it was too cold in the cabin. We arrived at 7 am the next morning. Because we booked through a travel agency and availed  Hotel & Land arrangements. We didn't managed to take long lines for tourist tickets and instead got our asses off the boat bound to Boracay island! The sea was calm and everything went well. 
This was our home for our whole stay in Boracay. It's located at Station 2 and it's a beachfront hotel! Yay! They have 3 swimming pools too and a lot more facilities to enjoy. Special thanks to Ate Lea of Four Seasons Travel and Tours for finding room slots for us in La Carmela de Boracay. She made a last minute booking already! It was pretty crowded when we arrived because the hotel was packed with celebrities who were having their taping for Banana Sundae. 
We booked two rooms. One Executive and one premiere deluxe. Both rooms were situated in different buildings but still accessible the area. All the staffs were accommodating and friendly and they allowed us to check in 6 hours earlier than the expected check-in time. The hotel rooms were big enough to accommodate 4 people in each rooms. We had buffet breakfasts for two days which offers different cuisines that everyone would enjoy and appreciate.  
Whenever we don't have a scheduled BORACTIVITIES it's either we use the hotel's facilities or head on to the beach and walk from Station 1 to 3 until our feet hurt. Haha! 
Our stay in Boracay made me realize why people keep on coming back to the island. Yes, it's crowded, but not the negative approach that I expected. Boracay is occupied by accommodating and friendly locals and tourists and even if you're travelling alone, you'll never feel one because you get to meet new people. I thought that some parts of Boracay may be polluted because of the amount of people coming but honestly speaking, Boracay has the cleanest beaches that I've went to so far! The water is so clear that it seems like you're in a pool when you go swimming. There are actually so many things to do and activities to try. You'll never get bored at all once you set foot on the island. No itinerary? You don't need one! You can do everything on the spot plus in lesser amount. Learn how to haggle! :) 
Watching the sunset is definitely a must when you're in Boracay! Although some people say Boracay has the best sunset that they've seen, I cannot agree with them though because they still haven't seen Monte Maria sunset in Batangas. :) 

My cousins and I used to enjoy strolling at night in Boracay. It is when people start to come out of their hotel rooms and spend the whole night partying. Stations 1 & 2 has the best bars (for me) while there were only few in Station 3. I didn't go bar hopping though unlike my guy cousins and siblings but if I were registered in Pubcrawl, I probably would!!! It's one thing that my cousins and I regret. We weren't able to try Pubcrawl. I forgot to tell them about it and I only remembered it during our last night when we saw the participants in Hennan Regency partying when it was already too late to register. :( Next time!!! 
There are also different foods to try in Boracay. They almost have everything! I think I gained a kilo after our trip. 

While the boys are out partying, what do the good girls do? Spent the night at D'mall buying souvenirs and pasalubongs for friends and family. I'm not really into buying souvenirs for friends but when I saw how enjoyed Ica was in buying pasalubong for her friends, I was encouraged to buy too even if my friends don't ask for it. (except for Lovi haha. Hi Lovi!) 
Of course, Boracay night life wouldn't  be complete without fire dance shows. They're scattered everywhere.

Our quick vacation in Boracay was ecstatic and stress-free. Whoever says that Boracay is overrated hasn't set foot yet on the island or maybe doesn't know how to appreciate the beauty it offers! Don't jump into conclusion. You never know what you're missing! 4 days isn't enough to try everything (Bitin!) and I'll make sure to be back again but with friends next time! Thank you Boracay for a wonderful experience! Till next time! :)  xx



You may also like

100 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures and lovely looks

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked AMAZING! What a trip!
    Thanks for sharing!

    -Kat
    http://www.katwalksf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing place and pics are so lovely!

    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful trip! :) x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this place looks amazing! I love the blue/green water, looks like heaven on earth! Lovely photos :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice place to have a relaxing time :)

    - Lily Widjaja
    www.glowlicious.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, it looks like you had such an amazing time in Bora Bora :) I would love to visit one day. Actually, I'm in need of a vacation.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed. I love Boracay and compared to other beaches I've been to (SE Asia) nothing beats the homey feeling and that sugary white sand. You have great photos dear :)

    ♥ from www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks amazing.
    Please show some love on my new blog from Mauritius ) <3 www.islandchild27.wordpress.com

    Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great place!
    I would love to be there right now!!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an amazing vacation! The pictures are SO stunning <3

    XO,
    Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seriously makes me want to visit there now! The water looks beautiful and you are right, the sunset is stunning!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so lucky, Shaira..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shaira,
    This looks like an amazing trip! The ocean water is sooo blue! I really want to visit the Philippines sometime...one of my good friends is from there and her family lives in Cebu!

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. my god the sand castle! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are soooo good! May I ask what camera you used? Boracay does seem crowded, but the beach still looks quite good. I wonder when I'll be able to step foot to Bora.

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like your are having so much fun! Lucky girl, I need vitamin SEA as soon as possible! :))
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing photos, really looks you had great time there..and also place looks fantastic xoxo

    https://theninebyivana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These images are convincing to take a plane there awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This place is a dream! I am going to add this to my travel list. Looks like you had a wonderful time there. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad to find your blog! I love to know some people who love both fashion and traveling. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your trip to Boracay looks like such an awesome adventure. A holiday with white sand beaches, blue wee and my family is what I need at the moment. And a bit of a nightlife x
    Yukova by Yuliya Oleynykova

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pictures are so beautiful! Looks like you had a blast!

    XoXo,

    Tamra - loveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning pics as always!! :)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. That first photo is awesome! It's great that you're having a happy summer. Four days is never enough, but it makes you want to come back then ;)

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks like you had an amazing time! These pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks like such an amazing holiday trip! I'm definitely jealous, these snaps make me want to go on holiday somewhere tropical!

    X

    Anjelique

    http://anjelique.com.au | snapchat: anjeliquetv

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous photos and the sandcastle is epic!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin' ll Join the Secret Guide

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks too amazing! So envious :) Can't wait to visit Bora Bora one day!

    Aicha | The Fashion Heist

    ReplyDelete
  30. Omg! Yes, this beach is amazing, definitely you are enjoy your trip, wonderful place and pics <3

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. So beautiful, love the photos!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com


    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning place and pics!;)
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. YAAAY! So happy that you enjoyed Boracay! :) For sure you will come back again. :)

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. How cool! This must have been so much fun, and the photos are great!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  35. Boracay looks like an awesome beach destination and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow, fabulous pictures!

    Take care doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos. That sand castle is so pretty.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. I miss Boracay! Oh, we also stayed at LA Carmela, lovely photos.

    Joy Felizardo- www.gastronomybyjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. This place looks amazing! I need to go here!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This place looks so incredibly beautiful. I love how genuinely happy you look, sounds like you had an amazing time lovely ^_^

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
  41. This island looks amazing and your pics are really wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    Shopping Girls

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a beautiful place, I fully agree with you - we have to experience it ourselves to be able to judge. From your pictures, Boracay looks stunning, especially the beach - and clear water is definitely a huge plus. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love! Love! Love! The beach, the rooms, the swimming pool and the scenery are all beautiful!! I would love to go to Boracay!
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG it looks so amazing x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  45. LOVED this post and all the photos, it really seems like you had just an amazing time!
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, Boracay looks like dreamy place for holidays, I really like each of your photo, dear, the beach is terrific <3
    PS: what about beach from my inspiration - honestly, I had no idea where it is, sorry that I couldn't help you! :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. So jealous but happy for you! This trip looks amazing! You got me dreaming and wanting to book a getaway asap!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. The pictures! Can we just take a moment <3
    My summer didn't even begin yet! But I'm glad to see yours has brought you so many cool memories and oppertunities so far!
    Oh, Bora Bora, I would love to go there once, so cool!
    www.downtownphilosophy.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Girl are you always on vacation? I want your life! :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your photos are gorgeous ! I really love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful pics. Looks like you had great time.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Boracay is well known for the beautiful beaches and the night scene! Shame you didn't managed to join the pub crawl, maybe the next time when you visit again.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really need to explore this part of the world =o) What a great way to start summer and looks like you had an incredible time =o) And now adding boracay to my list of places to visit

    https://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. It looks so pretty there
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. wow, this is literally paradise! so jealous :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Such an amazing place- from that sand castle to the gorgeous hotel!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh, it must be wonderful there!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. wooooohooooo!!! I'M PINOY TOO! <3 LUVLUVLUVIN BORA! <3

    WWW.KYNAGEM.COM

    ReplyDelete
  59. It looks so amazing! I really love the sand castle.

    xo,
    Lauryn
    www.lauryncakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. How beautiful!! I'm so jealous! Sounds like you had an amazing time. :)

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  61. We've heard so much good things about Boracay! We're glad to know that you had fun!

    xx,
    Jule Avenue
    www.juleavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow, amazing place! I love your travels, they're always perfect and so funny :)

    xoxo dear ❤
    Melania | modeintechnicolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. wow!!! it looks amazing there!!! gosh, how i miss the beaches of the philippines!!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  64. Awesome photos darling! Enjoy Boracay! Love it! Stay fabulous! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Everything looks so beautiful! I have never set foot on Boracay ever and I intend to do so soon. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a fabulous travel diary - it seems beautifully warm there and everyone looks so happy! The sand castle is beyond incredible and you (of course!) look beautiful :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is amazing! Such a fun place to be!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I've never been to Bora Bora but would love it! It looks like a fabulous time!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOnderful pictures!
    Have fun lovley girl :)

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  70. Amazing photos!!! I miss Boracay so much and excited to go when I visit The Philippines next year! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  71. I can't believe how BLUE the water is there! Amazing pictures!

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
  72. This is all absolutely beautiful - you look stunning and I love the photos, they're so summery, colourful and gorgeous!!! Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  73. Sounds to be such a fun place! Thanks for sharing
    xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  74. Awesome travel diary !!! It looks like a great place!! :)

    Andrea.

    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
  75. It seems like you had the best time! I'm dying to go to the beach! It's been ages since the last time and I'm just in serious need of a vacation!
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wow, Bora is INDEED beautiful, but it's also very crowded! Haha. I pretty much understand why, though. I haven't been to the place, but it would be lovely to go there someday! :)

    Mimi | Chasing Bleu

    ReplyDelete
  77. wow so stunning pictures, so pretty place

    ReplyDelete
  78. ugh totally wish that was me and i was having the time of my life haha looks like a lot of funnn

    http://www.fionnac.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. Wow! What paradise! Thanks for sharing your wonderful travel pics of Boracay. This is the first that I have heard of it. XO, Janea

    theSTYLetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. In my dreams there is borabora one day. I love that color of the sand and water.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

























































    ReplyDelete
  81. Aaaw, so pretty! :D I love your blog and all the pictures! :) x
    Helena - Swedish girl in Tokyo
    http://www.ilenczfalva.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  82. I am still looking forward to the chance of going to Boracay! These pics look great! Planning on coming to the Philippines early next year.

    Melanie
    The Mel Division

    ReplyDelete
  83. Very beautiful photos <3
    http://dominicafrigeri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  84. Wow! This looks amazing! I'm glad you had such a fun trip! I would love to go there someday! xx
    lovelywoodland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Wow that's amazing! Beautiful photos :)
    xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  86. Nice Blog !
    Our experts at QuickBooks Customer Service deliver the best solutions with a high level of customer service amid the sudden surge of COVID 19.

    ReplyDelete