Tips on how to achieve those blog worthy pictures

7 Comments
As a blogger who's been keeping up a blog for almost 5 years now I think I probably am experienced or have an idea already in taking good pictures and posing for photos. A lot of people have been asking me since then on who take my pictures and to answer that question, if it's not my youngest brother who is always bribed to take my photos (HAHA!!) , it is my cousin who has the same passion as me. But now that I have Paulo who I know doesn't need a bribe to take my pictures because it's his passion daw (I don't know if he's doing this because he has a fashion blogger girlfriend and he has to do it? Haha) my blogging life became easier in getting really great shots (He's a pro!). But for these pictures that I had in my recent trip, it's not the brother nor the cousin nor the boyfriend who took these shots but no other than the best friend! Haha Yup, it's my bff! Let's see on how this shoot of us turned out and let me give you some tips on how to achieve those pictures for your blog! :)  
Let's start with posing. Tip # 1, try doing the stolen shot pose. Look up, turn right or turn left poses, look down you name it, people are so good in doing these poses haha! Let's take this look up pose as an example. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to look up and be blinded by the sun. Try getting a pair of sunnies and pose as if you're putting or removing it. This pose makes you look effortlessly chic and sexy.  
Tip # 2, try doing the sit like a madame pose. This is most applicable if the chair or couch that you're going to sit is cute enough to highlight and bring the shot in the next level. This is one of my favorite pose! :P 
Tip # 3, look thin/slim/short in pictures. One thing that I noticed is that taking pictures in a higher angle makes me look thinner or small. This is applicable both in standing pictures and selfies. As for this picture, standing between two large subjects in a picture can make you look thinner as well. Just remember to place the camera in your level, not too high nor too low.

Another tip for a thinner look is show your collar bones! Wear semi-plunging tops and dresses like this from Shein or an off shoulder top that will highlight your collar bones but will hide your arms. ;) 
In contrary to the third one, one best way to make you look taller in pictures is that shoot on a lower angle (Not below the knee shot because you'll end up looking big and not tall in the pictures) Another trick is that take a portrait shot to draw attention and focus on the subject instead of a landscape one. 
In order to take nice pictures you have to take risks and face some embarrassing moments. I'm really used to this already haha! When I was still in my first 3 years in blogging I'm really having a hard time shooting outfit pictures in public places because people were staring and sometimes laughing at what I was doing. But to tell you honestly, I have already overcame my fear of those stares and have the guts now to take my pictures anywhere as long as it's going to be worth it in the end. Try it with friends! It's going to be super fun! So for tip # 5, take risks for the gram! Noreen and I had quite a hard time shooting in the spiral rooftop stairs of Camp Netanya but was really satisfied on how the pictures turned out after. I mean, it's steep and I'm wearing a maxi dress but it doesn't matter anymore because I didn't slipped nor almost slipped anyway haha
Tip # 6, make the most out of the place. Since I was in Camp Netanya when we took these photos I didn't really had a hard time having nice pictures. I mean, you can just literally sit or stand in one place and you're good to go. Every spot is worth the picture and memory. Make the most out of it because you never know when you're going to go back again. Besides, you paid for it and always remember to keep yourself satisfied with what you paid for. ;)
Tip # 7. Aside from the poses and pictures that you're in it, allow a little space of your memory to occupy the beautiful scenic spots and details of the place. Try taking pictures in different angles and perspectives. Take post card picture-like photos. You'll never regret and always remember the beauty of the place that you went to. 
Tip # 8, Smile! Smiling and just merely enjoying the whole thing that you're doing is actually the key to a perfect instagram and blog picture. You don't have to be in that fierce look all the time. 
Tip # 9,  Wear something fancy. Fashion blogging and being an influencer thought me to dress up fearlessly. I discovered what style I'm into and what style flatters my body type. You all know how I love maxi dresses because it doesn't only accentuates my height but it makes me feel confident every time I wear it. I ordered this Shein floral maxi dress for our beach trip and I'm really glad on how it fitted me. Its fabric is 100% viscose and it's one of the comfiest dress I have in my closet. I also love the fact that my dress matches the place. You can avail this same dress by clicking checking out Shein's website. Thank you Shein for my dress
Dress from Shein- $29 or Php 1,450
If you're taking outfit shots or touristy shots here's my last and most important tip, get a 100% trusted and supportive friend who will patiently take your photos (even if it means climbing a tree to get a high angle shot or kneeling or even planking to get that low angle shot!!!) But guys, be sure to return the favor! :) I'm lucky I have my bff and for the first time that she took my pictures, I'm really happy and satisfied with the outcome! Well trained na after 500 plus pictures! HAHA Thank you, Noreen! 

xoxo,









You may also like

7 comments:

  1. Your dress is stunning!!

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips and your photos are amazing!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Beautiful photos!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics, and great tips! I need to remember to ask my photog to shoot from a little higher up <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks amazing!Love your dress!

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! It's a good post for someone who struggles a lot on taking outdoor photos like me, because I'm a little awkward lol. I don't have the best body language.

    BLOG | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! this place is beautiful!! i love your outfit!! gawjus!! stunning photos

    thanks for sharing

    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete