2022

13 Comments

 


Heeeyyyy guys! After several attempts of blogging something personal here, I FINALLY DID IT! Waaaahh goosebumps hahaha! This is my first entry this year so you gotta brace yourself because this will be lengthy. I miss you my blog! I missed you, missdream-girl!!! My 17 year old self is very happy! 

January 2022 started with very high hopes for me! Board exam theoretical phase finally happened. We thought it's going to be a smooth start until Omicron happened too which resulted to another round of practical phase cancellation. For those of you who didn't know, I took up Dentistry in my college years and after 2 years of delay because of the pandemic I was able to finally take my exam!

Fast forward to February, I was still able to take orders for Valentine's (I bake and started my own home based pastry business last July 2021) in between reviews. I want to continue saving up while still reviewing.

BOARDS JOURNEY

It went by fast then here came March. It was the month of roller coaster of experiences and emotions. I got into an accident 3 days before board exam. It wasn't a smooth journey but all thanks to my friends who helped me get through the toughest days of my practicals. 

Btw, let me just tell you how CRAZY &  DIFFICULT THAT BOARD EXAM WAS!!! It was so difficult that I always talk to somebody and ask him/her to tell me and assure me na "Please, tell me I'll pass the boards, diba! Diba. you think I will pass naman! Diba you know I did my best! Diba you saw me how hard I pushed myself." Hahaha! My brothers told me that they never entertained any idea of me failing the exam. I didn't cried before nor during the exam days but I cried the day before they posted the results! I was never confident but I knew I had an edge because I studied and I prayed religiously for that license. 

Then came March 17, I didn't know it was the day. It was I think 10pm already, I was half asleep when my brothers opened the door and shouted, "CONGRATULATIONS DRA. SHAIRA MANALO!!!" It was the most surreal moment for me! I didn't cried but I shouted happily instead because FINALLYYYYY, IT HAPPENED ALREADY! MY DREAM IS FINALLY A REALITY!


How did my life changed this 2022? Physically, I don't think there has been a lot (I still didn't lose weight though haha) but now that I am a licensed dentist already I gained more self confidence and became more independent. I instantly felt the responsibilities of adulthood the first time I held my first day salary on my hands. Ganon pala ang feeling na officially working ka na! You have the power over your money and you'll decide whether you'll spend it wisely for your needs or spoil yourself with your wants. Bills started to pile up and investments showed up. So far, I can happily say that I'm investing my salary in myself when I started studying Orthodontics and Oral Surgery. 

As for my work as a dentist, I work in 3 clinics. On Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I work in my tita's clinic. I'm lucky I am able to handle my own patients here and slowly establish my own practice. Most of my patients here are prostho patients. On Tuesdays and Saturdays I work in Top A Dental Clinic. My practice here is Ortho. On Sundays I work in Winning Smile Dental Clinic. I handle general cases here but recently I noticed that I handle more pediatric patients in this clinic. I'm happy with the warm welcome that I have received from these 3 clinics. They're all generous, thoughtful and kind and they let me experience all my firsts in my dental practice. I'm almost 7 months now in practice (not that long though) and I feel really happy and blessed. :) 


Update with fam? Well, I guess everyone got busier! My youngest brother is already in his 3rd year college and my eldest brother is already graduating from college. My mom is still busy at work and our Casa Elberta. My mom and I invested in a beach house last year and we named it after her name. We let people rent in on holidays, during the summer or anytime they wish to relax and spend some quiet time with the view of the sea. 

When I started working I promised myself to always give part of my salary to my brothers and my mom even if it's not that much. I also promised myself to at least provide my brothers' baon so I can help lessen my mom's monthly expenses. I want to spoil them and give them whatever I receive and work hard for. I can't wait for next year! Hopefully we'll push through with our travel together! (fingers crossed) :)


Love life update? We're still fond of going on food trips on dates. Haha! Kidding aside, we only get a chance to date for 3 hours a week ever since I started working. It only happens every time he fetch me after work on Sundays or sometimes we both take a leave from work. I realized when I started working na there are really times when you can't communicate or talk for a whole day and it's okay. Iba nga pala pag working! Hindi mo na minsan namamalayan ang oras. Our 5th anniversary is getting closer!!! 4 years went by fast but we surely ticked off most of our goals together. Hihi. I can't wait for what's in store in the coming years but I'm most excited for an upcoming trip early next year with him. 

Hint: We're going to the City of Gold!! To more adventures together, my love!


Foods and Travels? Well, I get to explore more food corners, cafes and restaurants this year than during the pandemic season. I missed the feeling of going out with friends, family or with Pau to try out food recos. I am also hyped by tiktok to try the ones near our place. Well, my favorite is still Yumi's Kitchen. Super satisfying and the foods are superb! 

For travels naman, I probably have a beach entry every month ever since I passed the boards. I haven't been to somewhere farther, no plane rides yet ever since 2020 (Supposedly I have one early next month for my birthday but it got cancelled due to personal reasons even if I have purchased my ticket already) but I'm crossing my fingers that next year would be the start of my international travel diaries. I can wait for it naman. It's just a few months away!

I'm happy to be back in blogging and give an update here! I hope I can do more in the next posts. Let's stay connected!

Leave your blogs below so I can have a good read too in my spare time ;)

xoxo,





You may also like

13 comments:

  1. Hey there, fellow dentist! Congrats, you did an amazing job! As for the trip, it looks like you had the loveliest time! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well welcome back to blogging! And wow what a milestone to achieve. Congratulations on becoming a bonafide doctor/dentist! Very cool you have a clinic you can work at and are getting clients. Glad you are getting out more!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming a dentist, that is amazing, all of your hard work has paid off xx
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect period for you. Congrats dear lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and may the rest of the year bring you only good things! <3
    Xoxo
    https://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so exciting! congratulations!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Shaira! I liked the post. Congratulations on all your achievements! I wish you much success. Hugs, Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to blogging, and congratulations on becoming a dentist! That is a great accomplishment! Also thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations dear! Wonderful and Lovely Post dear! xoxo
    Allurerage 
    Thetrendybride 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on becoming a dentist! What a wonderful accomplishment!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations dear.

    Happy weekend
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Shaira mag blog ka na ulit

    http://www.alyinwanderland.com/2023/03/yelure-glitter-metallic-prom-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete