Day 4: Donghwasa Temple, Museum of Oriental Medicine & Seomun Market

3 Comments
Our day 4 in Korea was meant for our first tour around  Daegu and the first place that we went to was Donghwasa Temple. I've read and learned a lot about it in the internet and everytime I search for the must visit places in Daegu it's the first one to actually pop out. Yes, one tourist spot ticked off from my list! Downghwasa is a famous Buddhist temple located in the south side of Mt. Palgongsan. There were a lot of tourists and old locals during the time that we went there. The place is filled with local temples and beautiful sceneries of nature like a river, tall trees and large statues. There were also a lot of monks roaming around the place and it made me think that Donghwasa is governed by them.  
At the entrance of the temple we were greeted by the sight of this fountain. We were told that if we drink the water from the fountain our bodies will be cleansed. The water was cold and refreshing. Bonsie even said that it tasted like a mineral water. Haha! 
This was taken in front of the big statue in Donghwasa with some of our newly met Korean friends. We were also able to go inside a museum of golden buddhas but we were not allowed to take pictures inside the place. Touching of the displays and ornaments were prohibited because if we do, we will be obliged to buy the whole display of the Golden Buddha! How crazy and expensive is that right??!! 
Outfit. My outfit for that day was something summery and comfortable. I opted to wear my new dress from Shein and I'm happy that it complemented with the color of the place. I also brought a denim jacket with me (also from Shein) just in case it gets chiller in the late afternoon. If you liked what I'm wearing and also planning to buy this same dress you may visit their website by clicking this
Button Solid Cami Shein dress- $18 or around Php 935
We were taken to a local restaurant in the heart of the city to try another famous Korean cuisine. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to take note of the restaurants that we went to because I honestly don't know how to read their Korean names. But anyway, I enjoyed our lunch in this restaurant and I was able to eat a lot that kept me energized during the second tour that we had. 
Our afternoon started in the Museum of Oriental Medicine. We were warned the moment that we entered the place that taking pictures was not allowed. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to sneak in any shots because I'm an obedient citizen who's afraid to get penalties and fines just to have pictures for the blog! Hahaha! Going back, Museum of Oriental Medicine gave us a knowledge on what Daegu or South Korea in general seems like 350 years ago. They showcased some exhibitions and graphics and animations of the Korean culture back then. There were many displayed herbs and medicines used before to treat various illnesses, animal parts that were used to hunt for food and some poisonous flowers to avoid that may cause harm and death.  
Aside from the various exhibitions that we saw we were able to try Korea's traditional hanbok. It was my first time to try the hanbok there but I wasn't really satisfied because the designs were limited. I've decided to still try a new hanbok (picked by me) on my last day in Korea in Gyeongbokgung. (I will still be blogging about my hanbok experience in Seoul so be sure to stay updated.)
Our last stop for that day was at the famous Seomun Market. Seomun market has a lot of things to offer. They have dresses, random street foods on stalls, souvenir shops, you name it! I find the clothes quite expensive because it has almost the same price or even higher than branded clothes in malls. But there were also some items which are very cheap and negotiable if you'll be buying in bulk. I bought a bunch of facemasks in a stall in Seomun market for a very affordable price. I was also able to score some cute souvenirs like keychains and ref magnets for a much lower price because the seller gave us discounts for our bulk purchase. We also tried some famous street foods. I actually didn't know what it is called but it basically looks like a plain corndog. Hahaha 
Before we headed back to the dorm after dinner we went to Paris Baguette to score some midnight snacks.
Have you seen my first 3 days blog in Korea? If you haven't you may check out this link :) 

xoxo,



You may also like

3 comments:

  1. This place looks so interesting, beautiful picture!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korea looks beautiful! I love the architecture. It's not a country I would have thought to visit, but some places definitely seem worth it. Thank you for sharing Shaira!

    Julia x
    Last Post: Easy Sustainable Habits To Help Our Planet | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/06/easy-sustainable-habits-to-help-planet.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. �� wow Korea is so nice!
    ALYINWANDERLAND.com

    ReplyDelete