Macau: Day 1

4 Comments
Hello everyone! I just got back from our recent family trip and I feel productive because I've arranged almost all the pictures for the blog overnight. This trip is really one for the books because it was made out of a last minute decision. We were really suppose to fly to Malaysia last year December but because of passport conflicts we needed to cancel our flights, hotel bookings (basically everything we've booked). It really stressed me out because I was the one who has a contact with the agency and I did so many calls just to arrange for the refund. Going back, I can say that this trip to Macau is very spontaneous. Because Malaysia didn't pushed through last year our group still decided to go for a trip this month to a place where all of us haven't been yet (except for my ninang who already went to Macau 5 years ago).  Airline tickets and hotel were booked at the same time (almost 2 weeks before our flight), no concrete itineraries, no tour guide, no contacts, just plainly backpackers who went for a really quick escape away from home. 
We flew on January 12, 10:50 in the morning bound to Macau. This was the airplane view showing the Taal Volcano. When we arrived at the hotel around 3 I immediately checked my fb and saw a lot of posts showing that Alert -Level 4 was raised over Taal Volcano. There were a lot of pictures of giant ash plume that rained ash fall in the province of Batangas and nearby places. Aside from that, flights were also cancelled during that day in the afternoon as well as the succeeding days. We were all shocked about the news and called our relatives back home. We felt so blessed that no one was hurt plus our flight pushed through in the morning and we arrived safe.
Going back, we arrived in the hotel at around 3 in the afternoon. We checked-in at Hotel Metropole and I must say that we really really loved it! The location is at the middle of the city where everything is accessible, the staffs were polite and helpful and the rooms were clean. We got 2 rooms, one duplex suite and one deluxe room. I was looking for our hotel room pictures but it turned out that I wasn't able to shoot any because I was so busy vlogging a room tour back then. Haha! If you were my follower in instagram you might have seen the room tour that I did. Anyway, our first agenda for that day was to go to Macau Tower. Just like what I said we didn't have any tour guide so we just relied on our phones to roam around Macau. It was getting pretty late but we haven't found the bus stop yet so we decided to skip Macau Tower first and go on a walking tour instead. It's literally the most legit #SAMsDIYtravels I've ever had! Walking towards north for 5 minutes from our hotel led us to Senado Square. It's Macau's most iconic shopping district, I guess. Almost all local brands were there. There were a lot of people, as in! It reminded me so much of Myeongdong in Seoul. Hole in the wall cafes, pasalubong boutiques, skin care products, shoe brands, everything is almost there!  
Senado Square is famous for pasalubong shopping and there were lots of boutiques and free tastes everywhere! I don't really know what is this but it's pork and it's so satisfying! This is expensive (MOP 128 or around Php 810 plus)  so we just decided to make the most out of all the free tastes that every store offered. Mabubuhay na kami sa free tastes! Haha! 
Walking straight Senado Square led us to one of the most iconic spot in Macau, Ruinas de Sao Paulo. The ruins are actually the remains (towering facade and the stairway) of the 17th century Catholic religious complex in San Antonio, Macau. It was considered as the greatest church in Macau but was burned down in 1835. There were a lot of locals and tourists when we went there. 
By the way there were 7 of us who traveled. I was with my family- mom and 2 brothers plus my boyfriend, ninang and her boyfriend. It's Paulo and I's first international travel together. :)
I will never get tired of spoiling these people. I love you so much, fam! I got you always :)
Left: They say that Macau is famous for its egg tarts and they have the real taste of the best egg tarts in the world. Ang sarap nga!!! I can eat it all day! Right: I don't get it why this beer is cheaper than the mineral water in convenience stores. It costs MOP 6 while water costs MOP 14.
Our day tour ended pretty early because we were tired from our morning flight and we want to go early to the hotel to read news and update about Taal Volcano.
 Thanks for reading! See you in Day 2 :)

xoxo,





You may also like

4 comments:

  1. Macau looks beautiful, it seems like such an eclectic place! And so unique too. The pastel buildings are gorgeous, and so are the ruins. I'm glad you had an awesome (and safe) trip!

    Julia x
    Last Post: The Productivity Tips That *Actually* Work | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-productivity-tips-that-actually-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macau looks stunning!! What beautiful pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a professional hacker, he is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any types of hacking jobs you require. why i said this is because I have engaged him severally in various hacking jobs and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him also, He has really proven himself to be a professional and a reliable hacker, He can help you out with any hacking jobs including this:

    -Cell Phones hacking (remotely)
    -Credit Repair
    -Bitcoin Recovery (Any type of Cryptocurrencies)
    -Make money from Home (Any Countries)
    -Social media Hacking
    -Website Hacking
    -Erasing of criminal Records (Any Countries)
    -Grade Change

    Email him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete